The club was founded in 1922 as Carterton Town Football Club. The club joined the Hellenic League Division One in 1986 and won the league in 1989–90, gaining promotion to the Premier Division. They were relegated after two seasons, but returned a further two seasons later after winning Division One again in 1993/94. They finished runners-up in 1998/99 and reached the Third Round of the FA Vase, and the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Cup in 2000/01. The club changed its name to its current one in 2005 and in 2010/11 was relegated to Division One West.